This page was last updated 3/13/2020
Speech Inspiration, PLLC remains committed to supporting the health and vitality of the children we serve and to work with you and your child in the safest manner possible. To protect the safety and well-being of everyone we serve, we have decided to cease in-office speech therapy, replacing this method of delivery with teletherapy in order to minimize your child’s exposure to transmittable disease. Although we understand that this may be disappointing to some of you, we know that speech therapy provided via teletherapy can be just as effective if not more effective, because of its increased parent involvement and the use of motivating technology.
What is Teletherapy?
· Live, real-time interaction between the client and therapist
· Video and audio based instruction
· Synchronous transmission
· Sharing computer programs, apps, and documents in real time
Benefits of Teletherapy?
· You and your child are not exposed to unnecessary infectious disease transmissions
· Parent involvement is strengthened
· Technology use is motivating for the child
· The child is more engaged because of parent engagement and the use of technology
· Access is achieved anywhere where you have an internet connection
· Saves parent time and there is no driving to appointments
Things to Know About Teletherapy
· Teletherapy follows Texas laws, rules, and regulations and HIPPA guidelines governing service delivery and the maintenance of client records including confidentiality.
· Teletherapy follows the same billing and documentation procedures as an in-person visit. There are no additional fees or charges for this change in service delivery.
· The scope, nature and quality of services provided via teletherapy are the same as that provided during in-person sessions by the therapist.
· Your child’s visit will be coded as a teletherapy visit with insurance billing.
· You receive an electronic meeting reminder for each teletherapy session scheduled.
· For younger children, you will need to participate with your child during these sessions.
We realize this is a trying time for all, and our thoughts are with all of you and your family as you negotiate these disruptive changes in your work and personal lives due to this public health emergency. We at Speech Inspiration, PLLC are committed to service continuity and to providing services that will support the growth of our students. Speech Inspiration continually monitors the situation as it evolves; regularly reviewing with federal, state, and local agencies for updates; and staying abreast of all the latest developments from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Stay safe and healthy.
Jeanene M. Johnson, M.S. CCC-SLP
Managing Director and Speech-Language Pathologist
Speech Inspiration, PLLC